Syllabus & Other Information
The Maharashtra Judicial Service Examination is conducted every year by the Bombay High Court for the recruitment to the roles of Civil Judge (Junior Division). This exam is also referred to as MPSC Civil Judge Exam, JMFC – Judicial Magistrate First Class or CJJD – Civil Judge Junior Division.
Maharashtra Judicial Services Eligibility Criteria
The Judiciary Eligibility Criteria for the Maharashtra Civil Judge Exam is decided on the 3 basic parameters namely age limit, educational qualification, and nationality.
1) Educational Qualification: You must have completed a degree in law like LLB/LLM from a recognized university/college.
2)Age Details: Your age should be between 21-35 years to apply for the exam. You will get a relaxation of 3 years in case if you belong to the OBC category while it is 5 years for SC and ST category.
3)Nationality: You must be a citizen of India.
Note: You should have a decent moral character, and should not be connected to or have a history with any criminal case that involves moral descent.
Maharashtra Judicial Services Application Form .
If you are willing to apply for the MPSC examination, then make sure to fill the Maharashtra Judiciary Application Form on or before the last date. You can follow the steps mentioned below while filling the online form.
1) Visit the official website of the Board Maharashtra Public Service Commission.
2) On the Home page, click on the “Application Form” link
3) Enter all the crucial details, such as name, date of birth, address, educational qualifications, etc.
4) Click on the “Submit” button
5) Upload recent passport size picture and signature in the specified format
6) Pay the required fee for your application as per the category
Maharashtra Judicial Services Application Fee
The application fee of the Maharashtra Judiciary Exam for the General category is Rs. 374 and for SC/ST/ESM category, it is Rs.274.
Maharashtra Judicial Services Exam Pattern
The PCS J Maharashtra Exam comprises three phases i.e., Prelims, Mains, and Viva-Voce.
1) Prelims Exam Pattern: The Online Preliminary Examination consists of 100 multiple choice questions for 100 marks. The assessment is conducted in the English language. As per the Judiciary Exam Pattern, the exam comprises a single section on legislative law. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
2) Mains Exam Pattern: The mains exam is of descriptive type and it has 2 question papers of 100 marks each. The exam duration of each paper is 3 hours. The mains exam will be conducted in Marathi and the English language.
3)Viva-Voce: You will get shortlisted for interview/viva-voce only if you qualify in both Prelims and Mains exams. In the interview, you are tested on your character, personality, general knowledge, norms of law, and suitability for the job.
Maharashtra Judicial Services Syllabus
Here, we have provided a detailed syllabus of the Maharashtra Judiciary Exam for both the prelims and mains for your reference.
Prelims Syllabus: The syllabus breakup for PCS J 2020 Preliminary Exam covers the following topics.
Code of Criminal Procedure
Civil Procedure Code
Transfer of Property Act
Specific Relief Act
Maharashtra Rent Control Act
Constitution of India
Indian Penal Code
Law of Contract
Sale of Goods Act
Mains Syllabus: The mains syllabus consists of two papers: paper 1 and paper 2
The Judiciary Exam Syllabus breakup for Maharashtra state is given below.
Transfer of Property
Indian Penal Code
Maharashtra Judicial Services Admit Card
Maharashtra Public Service Commission will release the admit card two weeks prior to the exam. The Maharashtra Judiciary admit card can be downloaded only in online mode from the official website.
The details mentioned on admit card include:
2)Date of Birth
3)User Id/Registration Number
5)Exam Date and Time
7)Signature & Photograph
Maharashtra Civil Judge Salary Details
The Maharashtra Civil Judge Salary of a Maharashtra Civil Judge ranges between Rs. 27,700 – 44,770 Per Month. Also, in-hand salary incorporates various perks and remittances like Dearness allowance, HRA, Travel Allowances, Rent Allowance